heads up for those heading state side

bow slayer

was in Erie PA over the weekend and visited the Gander Mountain Store. Had some great deals on lures Stike King and Termanator spinnerbaits were half off lots of sizes,colours and blade patterns,as were some models of rapalas,also picked up smaller size cleos and mepps spinners for 1 dollar.Lots of selection on all sale items. Several other soft plastics were 50 percent off,as well as lindy jigs and jigheads.

I was down at buffalo gander mountain on dec after thanksgiving week. it was a boring store, quite limited stock shelves headed towards christmas holidays. Then I was at Rochester Gander mountain store. on Jan 15, 2013, I almost bought the $40 long 10' steelehead/salmon rod rated up to 17lb, a good deal which I did not buy since I already have lots of long rods, then no other deals worth buying. Prices are not as good as it used to be.

The US stores are controlling their inventory as we speak, especially with all the other US stores closing report. however, once they have real sale during spring, rods and reel can be price better than most Canadian stores. Their online stores are also killing their own retail outlet. Retailing is getting tougher every year.