lake temagami trip

deffect

Hey guys, I am planning a trip up to temagami for a few days with my paps the week of the 18th (just after trout opener). I have fished temagami in the summer many times( I rent a houseboat every august) and i love the lake, But never been in the winter. Just wondering if anyone may have advice on accomadations, ice conditions or even depths or areas to fish ( trout whitefish and pickeral)? I have my own portable hut and we will have quads for transportation so i dont really need hut rental or transportation just lodging and easy access to the lake.

Really appreciate any help/advice.

Dan

trout whitefish and pickeral

Don't worry.. they'll come out of the same hole if you find the right spot! :)

Temagami Shores in town... and you can follow the sled trail down the center of the NEarm on the ATV's right from their boat ramp. Getting off the trail is another story pending conditions, although Paul kept pace with us last year on his ATV... even all the way from Town to the end of the South Arm and back.. and up into Kokoko Lake.

Other options.. head for the hub and try to get a room at Loon Lodge... or way down the South Arm to Tamar and see if George isn't booked up solid. Temagami Lodge.. on the West side of Temagami Island, right off the ice road to the Reserve. Ketchenany Lodge might still have the lights on... and not sure if Lockheart is open in the winter at Wishin U were Fishin, but I haven't seen a road off to Rick's in spawning bay in a couple of years and think they've moved to town for the winters. Malcom would know..

Also Linda's wigwams on Bear Island...

Edited by irishfield

Thank you so much for the help. I looked into temagami shore and may go with them for the ease of access. Although tamar peaks my interest aswell. Can you drive the trucks all the way to tamar? You mention off trail travel on bikes being possibly difficult? Is this because of deep snow or is it slushy? Again really appreciate the help. I will make sure to do a report on how we did.

Thanks

Not sure if George has a road all the way down there to Tamar yet...it's been a messed up year up there as well. Give him a call...

Slush.. deep snow.. you never know until you wake up on any given morning, but the sled trail is at least always there and you can stick to it. Once you get out on the open lake it can be bare and frozen or a logistical nightmare. You never know...

..and I always call him George for some reason.. I think it's Bruce! lol

Edited by irishfield

When it comes to depths the rule is, drill holes fish all depths. We have got fish from 15' to 100'.

If your marking fish stay. If you don't see anything after 45 min do a move. Sometimes you only have to move 100' away and your on a fish runway. If I can offer you one tip,fish min 5 feet off bottom and watch them come. One thing about temagami is you never know what kind of fish is coming out of the hole no matter what depth you fish.