NF NF FURNACE PROBLEM

ketchenany

I have Bryant furnace HIGH IF, approxametaly 12 years old. For the last week it's been acting up, blowing heat sometimes and sometimes not, it does cycle . . .But the burner won't egnite on occasion . . .

I've had it looked at and it will run fine for a while and then go back to the same symptoms. It will not heat up more than, 19.6 to 22.6 C even with the thermostat at 24.5. . . .

Any furnace guys have any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Your Bryant furnace will have an LED on the control board. It should be flashing an error code (2 long flashes then 4 short flashes for example). There is a code index on the inside of the front panel which will tell you what it means. Lots of times it is the inducer pressure switch code which can indicate a plugged intake or vent pipe or just a plugged sensor line to the switch itself. If you check the code and can't figure it out, post what the error code is and I can tell you the troubleshooting steps. These furnaces are pretty simple and there are very seldom problems too large to fix yourself.

We cleaned the drainage pipe (brown stuff in the hose) checked outside and some the same stuff in the vent. Looks like lint from the drier is getting sucked into the vent pipe and back into the drain.

gave ita good cleaning, cleaned the heat sensor and off she went.

Going have to keep my eye on the drain and keep it clean . .

On a side note I wrapped the water pipes with foam insulation, at some point the UPC code fell of and got sucked out only to be trapped by the wire mesh outside, and it stopped my water heater! Drove the tech cray trying to figure it out.

Thanks for your input from the other link.