Looking for Drive To Outpost in Central ON

MrSimon

Hi guys,

I'm looking around for an outpost in central ON (within 5 hours of Salut Ste. Marie) that I can drive my truck and boat right up to. I've found lots and lots of really great looking boat-in and ATV-in outposts, but none that I can drive right to and park at.

I'm looking for decent fishing for walleye, pike, and smallies. But even more important than fishing is seclusion and scenery. We also have an adventurous side so portage lakes and the like are a big plus.

Do you guys have any suggestions.

Thanks!

Already answered your same question on walleye central.

;)

Not sure of your user name on that site, but none of the recommendations I've gotten over there are actually drive-to outposts. I looked into all of them and they all require either a boat or ATV ride. If you know of anything that I can actually drive right up to, I'd be all ears.

Not sure of your user name on that site, but none of the recommendations I've gotten over there are actually drive-to outposts. I looked into all of them and they all require either a boat or ATV ride. If you know of anything that I can actually drive right up to, I'd be all ears.

As long as I'm not flying I consider it a drive to location, but I get what you mean. What you were asking for is more or less impossible though. You stated you wanted it to be the only cabin on the lake and you want to drive your car to it? That's a really tall order.

Again, I'd take look at this one as it fulfills most of your criteria.

http://www.kanipahow.com/wordpress/category/outpost-camp/embarass-lake/

If you're willing to consider drive to camps where you aren't autonomous, where there are other cabins, then you'll likely get a ton of responses.

Edited by Mike Borger

The private cabin rental is a neat idea. I will look into that. Thanks.

Mike - The Embarass Lake cabin has been on my short list for a while. From the pictures I've found, it looks like the ATV trail might be ok for a 4x4 truck in dry weather. I'll give them a call and see what they think. Taking the boat in is my big concern.

The Hanover lake cabin in Nakina looks incredibly promising .... thanks for the tip. I imagine its only three or four hours further, which isn't terrible.

So I looked up the Hanover Cabin ..... awesome looking place, but its a 23 hour drive from my house and about 7 to 8 hours further than Embarass Lake. Those last few hours would be horrible, especially on the return trip. It seems like for our group, 18-20 hours is the absolute max .... anything over that and guys just don't want to go. The Nakina area sure looks awesome, but the fishing South of Wawa and Chapleau is plenty good enough for us.

Thanks for the tips though, I really appreciate the help.