great white hunter!

tightline

So 3 times in 2 days I've seen a stunning snowy owl on my way to and from work. Yesterday on the drive home from point clark I catch just a glimpse of what I thought was just possibly my first snowy owl. I was stoked to say the least. This morning I was like a kid at christmas, alert and explorative as we came up to the area I spotted it earlier. BAMMMM there it was sitting right a top a hydro pole right where we caught the glimps earlier...Beautiful majestic creature about 22 inches high with I would guess to be an about 30 wing span. On the way home-camera phone ready...unbelievable...same spot. We managed 2 pics, will hopefully get them from my co-worker and post.

Anybody in the Amberlee area, head towards Lucknow just outside of town keep an eye out!!

About 20 years ago we had one outside the place I work here in Oshawa. It sat up on the hydro wires right across the road from us in an open field. It was there everyday in the same general area for about a week. Then it was gone and it never returned. I would sit in the lunch room and face the window just to watch it while I was eating. Beautiful bird. I could not believe how shiny white it actually was...almost seemed florescent.

Thx for your post....it brought back those great memories for me. I hope your bird hangs around for awhile so you can enjoy it longer.