Islamorada Florida

timmeh

Hey guys and gals,

I'm lucky enough to be spending a little time in Islamorada in the Florida keys and am looking to hire a guide for a day. Not sure if it'll be deep sea or backcountry yet. I've found a lot of guides online but if anyone who's been there has any personal experience or recommendations I'd appreciate hearing them.

Also, if anyone knows any non fishing related activities or things to do in that area that'd be cool too.

Thanks,

Tim

Last time I was down there we went out with a bunch of different outfits.

The only one I can remember was Bud and Mary's Marina. Went off shore with them and caught a bunch of dorado, bonitas and some good sized amber jacks. My bigun was chewed in half by a 12'-14' hammerhead!!! :w00t:

We fished about 14 miles off shore and got our AJ's off a hump out there. Dorado were caught off mats of floating weeds. It was insane!!! there was 8 of us and I took time out to climb into the tuna tower and video the action. All 7 of my buddies all hooked up at once and fish everywhere!!!! :good:

We also took trips out of Marathon for tarpon and Key West off shore.

We took 2 or 3 trips out of Islamorada with different outfits and did well on each trip.

Have fun and post lots of pics when you go. :)

I used Larry Sydnor several years ago. I was after tarpon in late April - not ideal time - but he really worked to get me on fish. On the third and last trip, I finally hooked up with a 100-pound tarpon - that was a blast! We caught lots of other fish - sea trout, redfish, snapper, shark. His prices are still the same as back then.