G1 to G2 to G

davey buoy

after the inital 5 yr period...when you re-enter the graduated licencing program, there is no waiting period between tests

the 5yr rule has been around for a while...I don't doubt you achieved your licence on those dates...I just think you got your info wrong

and yes, his son should call and find out directly he needs to do

huh.gif

Governments DO sometimes provide conflicting information.

I got my G1 in Aug 2003

I got my G2 the day before my G1 expired, I paid $75 to renew my license, validating my G2 for another 5 years

I got my G in 2012.

glare.gif

I did not have to ask for an extension nor get special permission for a renewal.

huh.gif

Governments DO sometimes provide conflicting information.

I got my G1 in Aug 2003

I got my G2 the day before my G1 expired, I paid $75 to renew my license, validating my G2 for another 5 years

I got my G in 2012.

glare.gif

I did not have to ask for an extension nor get special permission for a renewal.

Edited by davey buoy

My son was reading off another ministry site I believe,and what it said was as long as you get your G2 before the 5 year G1 cutoff date. $45.00 extends it for another 5 years. Were still going to call tomorrow morning to confirm. No second written or road test.

That wouldn't be bad if that's the case.

funfishing,that is pretty well what he found out last night

Thanks.

Edited by davey buoy

I can't believe how complicated this whole drivers license thing has become.

Lew it's really not complicated, most people can't seem to read very well, lol!

As far as the tests are concerned, they are a joke! We hand out driving licenses like candy.. They should make the tests a whole hell of a lot harder. Do people realize cars are basically 3000lb bullets? I put more work into my PAL then I did my drivers license.

Edited by BillM

I'm not sure stricter road tests would do a damned thing about road safety.

Some of the examiners are such buffoons. I was asked during my G to "hurry it up" in a 50 zone because I was doing 40. It was raining. Then I was reamed for slowing down on a lane change, even though a car was up ahead in the lane I was changing into, and there no were other cars on the road behind me in either lane. "And what if there had been a car behind you?" "Well, doofus, there wasn't, but there was one up ahead!"

All the while you're giving yourself whiplash constantly looking in every direction.

I wonder what the qualifications are to get a job as an examiner, I'm sure they are very lax.

Radars and cameras on every corner, basically outlawing speeding once and for all, would go a long way in improving road safety. Why are cars made to go 150 km/h+? Not for safety reasons...

Not sure where the difficult part comes from, I've had two go through the system with no problems.

I think when your nearing the end of the term and not sure what is going to happen because you let it go so long is more the confusing time. This set up is new to me. After the replies and a little more digging,your right,it doesn't seem so difficult now.

How about the license system be changed as follows G2,G1,G. Just sayin! lol.

Thanks for the replies everyone,a phone call will be made today.:good: