Keyless entry remote start

limeyangler

Hi all,

Just wanting some info on remote start keyless thingies. My plan is to get this for the wife for xmas. Wanting it to be a surprise, so if i install one of these can the car still be started with the original key so she would be clueless its installed untill i give her the keyless pushbutton thing on Xmas day?

Not wanting to spend more than $200 on the unit itself....realise the cost of installing (+ extra relays ) will be more, but anyone recommend a brand/unit in that range?

Thanks in advance.

As previously said the vehicle will still start without your wife knowing ie( ignition key) However there are a few different brands you can select....

What type of vehicle is this going into and does it have an automatic or manual transmission it will make a difference,

Also is the vehicle equipped with a factory alarm ?

Edited by Topwater Strikes

Yup. That will work. Great idea.

GOOD NEWS :thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim: Thanks for the info.

As previously said the vehicle will still start without your wife knowing ie( ignition key) However there are a few different brands you can select....

What type of vehicle is this going into and does it have an automatic or manual transmission it will make a difference,

Also is the vehicle equipped with a factory alarm ?

Its a 2004 Grand Am GT auto transmission. Dont think it has an alarm. It sounds the horn when you press the red button on the key fob....but i dont think thats a 'fitted alarm'.

Okay 2004 Grand am Automatic transmission........with a factory key-less entry with panic button....

I would recommend this remote car starter, If you decide to purchase it, I would suggest waiting till end of November to

purchase one....they go on sale and you save 35-50 % off Retail... The Great thing about this model is that it has 4channels. You will only need

the remote supplied by the remote car starter.. no need to carry the oem key-fob...Hope this helps :D

1st Channel - Starts Car

2nd Channel - Unlocks Car

3rd Channel - Locks Car

4th Channel - Unlocks Trunk

Remote Car Starter

Okay 2004 Grand am Automatic transmission........with a factory key-less entry with panic button....

I would recommend this remote car starter, If you decide to purchase it, I would suggest waiting till end of November to

purchase one....they go on sale and you save 35-50 % off Retail... The Great thing about this model is that it has 4channels. You will only need

the remote supplied by the remote car starter.. no need to carry the oem key-fob...Hope this helps :D

1st Channel - Starts Car

2nd Channel - Unlocks Car

3rd Channel - Locks Car

4th Channel - Unlocks Trunk

Remote Car Starter

Thanks Topwater!

That's the exact model I had in mind!

Will do as you suggest and watch the flyer for the deal!

Ahhhhh poop!

Just realised she will notice because she has to use the old key fob to open and close it :angry:

NO no no your surprise is still in tact all you do is get it installed. Keep the supplied remote until Christmas Morning, Even if the Remote Start is installed you can still use your oem one it will still work !!! :D She still will have no Idea :good:

I did this for my wife a few yrs ago... She loved it. The only issue was a little blue led that blinks on it to show it has power. I convinced her that the dealership installed it and they were paying us $50 a month to have it there. I told her that Honda was doing a real life survey of how people drive, engine RPM's, speed, shifting, how the car was really driven...all the boring things to help them build better cars. She bought it hook line and sinker, she was actually upset when I told her we were not getting any money.

Edited by Oryx