Weekends winds look to b a big blow

spincast

Just wondering if those of you who fish the lower Niagara frequently could give some insight on what the water will be like based on the winds for this weekend? Sunday doesnt look too bad, but Monday is showing winds gusting up to 30 from the SW. Just wondering what kind of protection the gorge will afford us. Only fished it a couple times and dont want to make the rundown there if its going to be too choppy to control the drift.

Windfinder - Lewiston

G and I havent hit the water together since the end of August and a feeling deprived. Any post or pm appreiated.

Thanks

As far as chop goes you won't have a problem. The sucky part is the wind pushing the boat around plus the current moving you wherever it wants you to go. It will be a bit murky/stained but that has not hurt me this year yet

What are you targeting?

Edited by Luke V.

Thanks Chris - if you're around you're place and not the 'rents drop me a pm, maybe we an hook up

Luke we'll probably mix it up a bit - trout and bass and maybe some of the weed beds for pike. At this stage any fish will look good before we put the boat into hibernation