Blue Zone - Sep. 29 AM report

icefisherman

Took one more shot at the Blue Zone today with a friend of mine. Took a while to find them but then it was non stop action for the last hour or so.

Ended up 12/17 for the day. Most fish on Black/Purple NK28....Mostly bows with some big clean silver Kings on flies....biggest was 18.5 lbs and we lost even bigger one at the boat after tangling into another line...nice weather...lots of boats out...fish was cooperating...can't ask for much more. Few shots from the day...

IMG00115-20120929-0930.jpg

IMG00116-20120929-0932.jpg

IMG00117-20120929-1357.jpg

Cheers,

Ice Fisherman

Awesome you look thrilled:)

Hehehe, that's not him!

Emil hasn't brought a fish in himself all year... he finds them and makes his guests do all the work. Probably over 300 this year!

I still think he should give up his day job, put a set of Walker downriggers on the boat and start a charter business. ;)

Hehehe, that's not him!

Emil hasn't brought a fish in himself all year... he finds them and makes his guests do all the work. Probably over 300 this year!

I still think he should give up his day job, put a set of Walker downriggers on the boat and start a charter business. ;)

Well...the thing is...Brian is right...and this is not counting over 600 perch and bunch of lake Erie eyes...

5-6 trips of over 30 salmon in the boat...many more between 15-30...and season is not over yet...plenty more to be caught from the boat and bows in the river ;-)

And yes I am mostly ...just the driver :unsure:

Cheers,

Ice Fisherman

The only person fishing is the driver...the rest of the people on the boat are just waiting to reel in your hook ups...sounds like a good year...cheers!

Definitely the best year I've ever had on lake O.

Especially with the Coho's earlier in the season...have never seen so many Cohos along the North Shore...all good signs for the Lake O. fishery for sure. :thumbsup_anim:

Cheers,

Ice Fisherman

Edited by icefisherman