Erie Tributary Pinks

Rich

thanks for the inspiration, rich. after plenty of driving i finally found a place to fish and i tied into my first ever pinks today on an erie trib. they sure are a different looking fish that's for sure. all 5 of mine swam off seemingly healthy, but i can't say the same for the fellow fishing upstream that sent 3 floaters my way :angry:

i was pondering the idea of taking the dying ones home, but figured it wouldn't be worth the effort?

thanks for the inspiration, rich. after plenty of driving i finally found a place to fish and i tied into my first ever pinks today on an erie trib. they sure are a different looking fish that's for sure. all 5 of mine swam off seemingly healthy, but i can't say the same for the fellow fishing upstream that sent 3 floaters my way :angry:

i was pondering the idea of taking the dying ones home, but figured it wouldn't be worth the effort?

Good job man! Well have to trib hunt together this fall. Haven't seen you since rob played WWE on the electric fence. Lmao

As for eating the floaters... I dunno. I've heard you can't to anything to make em taste good. But if you can smoke a sheephead to be edible I guess anything is possible. Lol

• 2 weeks later...

I'm originally from aylmer, currently in Woodstock. I do a lot of fishing in these local Tribs and there is another couple things that need looking at as well. One other trib on Erie and the snagging that goes on at the lake Ontario Tribs is rediculous these days. The MNR has have up with it.

Edited by Cam Aspden

I feel my post may have been harmful enough without naming locations. My last visit there actually disgusted me. Snaggers, trespassers and 3 people fishing directly in the sanctuary. The mnr used to be all over this spot, my how things have changed. :(

Good job man! Well have to trib hunt together this fall. Haven't seen you since rob played WWE on the electric fence. Lmao

As for eating the floaters... I dunno. I've heard you can't to anything to make em taste good. But if you can smoke a sheephead to be edible I guess anything is possible. Lol

LOL...good times eh :thumbsup_anim: we'll have to get together for sure.

i figured it wouldn't be a good idea to try eating the fish that he killed, but it just seemed like such a waste watching them float by. oh well, i'm sure something enjoyed the free meals.