Booth lake Pike algonquin

Cloudy15

hey all new member here.

I am heading up to booth lake for pike with some buddies who dont have much experience. I was planning on looking for weed flats around 10 feet or so. I'm not even sure if this lake has weed beds. Not much pike experience, But the boys are counting on me. Any tips would be great! Trip is planned for 24 of this month

Have been there a few times many years ago and didn't even get the feeling a pike would be caught. There is good smallmouth bass fishing to be had however.

Nice lake and had a close encounter with a moose there.

I went there a few years ago, and we hammered pike trolling deep diving crankbaits in a canoe. We landed 4 fish over 15lbs, and multiple (smaller) fish casting spoons off island drop-offs.

We were trolling black/silver wally divers and various Reef Runners.

I went there a few years ago, and we hammered pike trolling deep diving crankbaits in a canoe. We landed 4 fish over 15lbs, and multiple (smaller) fish casting spoons off island drop-offs.

We were trolling black/silver wally divers and various Reef Runners.

Cheers thanks for the tips, what time of year did you go up. And how deep where you running your crank baits. I was thinking the pike should be fairly shallow sept 24. this time of year.. it has been somewhat warm tho

I hear its a pretty big lake any ideas where to fish, or just any island. I have read the green weeds are the key this time of year do you know where they hide. Hmm actually can you come and just catch the fish for me. Thats gotta be a simcoe smaller eh stoty?

Cheers thanks for the tips, what time of year did you go up. And how deep where you running your crank baits. I was thinking the pike should be fairly shallow sept 24. this time of year.. it has been somewhat warm tho

I hear its a pretty big lake any ideas where to fish, or just any island. I have read the green weeds are the key this time of year do you know where they hide. Hmm actually can you come and just catch the fish for me. Thats gotta be a simcoe smaller eh stoty?

I was there in August, so its a similar time of year, but water might be a little cooler than it was when I was there. Couldn't tell you the exact depth we were running at, but we just cast out as far as we could and let even more line out before engaging the reels. Im guessing the baits were in the 15-20ft range when trolled.

As for spots, fish around any island and drop offs.

We had a portable sonar and were able to see the drop offs quite easily.

Yes, it's def a Simcoe smallie! 6.2 lber!