Salmon in the Credit

notvincent

Hi everyone I live right near the mouth of the credit and have been reading about when the salmon run. We just had a big rain storm here, but I was wondering if it's too early to go out and catch salmon. Does anyone know if they have started up river. Also could anyone offer me any advice on techniques to catch them, right now the main thing I'm doing is floating a pink trout worm down river and adjusting what levels it drifts down at. Any advice would be great.

Thanks

A rainy overcast day like today probably would have had them going crazy all day. Best bet if you miss the prime conditions is to fish glow spoons between dusk and dawn. Rattle cranks in firetiger work decent during overcast days, as do standard casting spoons. Hot n Tots give plenty of vibration to pizz em off too.

I be out right now and tomorrow morning if I lived where you do.

Good luck!

Hi Oliver, Your lucky to be living so close to one of the best Salmon Run Rivers,

Fish in the Morning Between 3-7am with Little Cleo 3/4 Size Glow In The Dark Spoon In either Green Or Blue

Fishing is pretty good all day however you will have to deal with the masses...Good Luck !

The Map

I know a few weeks ago, the last few days of the GOSD guys were catching some biggins between 30-40 FOW, with some reports of the run having started. I would assume guys have started catching them south of Lakeshore by now.

Since you are close, take a walk along the pier there should be guys fishing from shore by now in the evenings.