An awesome night with virgin white,

The JAY

Well, with the full moon upon us, I decided I'l go up to the Grand for a little smallie fishing. Short version: 2 and a half hours, 47 fish, the biggest was around the 4 Lb mark...

Longer version: As I've said, I have a trip to Lady Evelyn in...8 more sleeps :thumbsup_anim: . I wanted to try out my light action rod with new line and some new jigs. The line totally sucked, and a big waste of $20, but the white jig and tails were a giant hit with the bass! They couldn't get enough of them. wading across the river I made a few casts into areas I expected a few little guys to be. 5 casts, 4 fish. Looks like I picked a good colour. None of them were huge, but all fought well above their 1Lb weight. Got over to the far shore and started wading my way to a honey hole I know. The fish were on fire, and getting bigger as they went. When I pullled the 3rd bass out of the hole I was working I saw a whole bunch of fish porpoising on the surface a little further up. Waded up to that point and proceeded to haul out a TON of big females. I don't know if female bass school up like that normally, but they were in there thick! Undoubtably it was my best night of smallie fishing, ever. Period. I must remember to charge the camera next time. All I got was 1 picture of a fish as they started to get bigger.

My hat's off to Phenix for their jig heads! Gammy hooks rock!

PICT0002.JPG

My hat's off to Phenix for their jig heads! Gammy hooks rock!

SHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't tell them all that... It's bad enough when I buy in bulk from them I now have to order more as 4 others here want in on it too... Oh, they know who they are... :whistling:

Edited by GBW