Duffins Creek (Ajax/Pickering area)

mirogak

Hey gang,

Given the hot summer months I couldn't do much river fishing for trout but now with the recent drops in temperatures, I have been hitting some rivers and creeks. So far I have hit the Credit, Humber and Duffins Creek water sheds. Obviously all towards the headwaters for some cold water fishing. The fishing has been on and off but that's all part of the game. Anyhow, long story short, my research told me that Duffins is probably one of better water systems in the GTA area for some cold water trout fishing. I tried a couple of spots at Duffins (Greenwood conservation being one of them) and was wondering if those of you who are familiar can point me in "some" :) direction. Another thing I also struggle with is finding public access points into these waters. I am always conscious of not trespassing as I have heard some pretty bad stories from fellow anglers I have come across.

You can PM me if you like. Thanks in advance.

Miro

Did that type of fishing in the area for last 25 yrs. or so.

You have to be around the 8th concession to get brookies or resident browns.

Smallest panther martins work best. These fish are easily spooked so stealth is needed.

Access has become more limited in that time. Finding bridges or conservation areas is your best bet.

Flicking spinners in little pools works best as there is no room to cast.

Did that type of fishing in the area for last 25 yrs. or so.

You have to be around the 8th concession to get brookies or resident browns.

Smallest panther martins work best. These fish are easily spooked so stealth is needed.

Access has become more limited in that time. Finding bridges or conservation areas is your best bet.

Flicking spinners in little pools works best as there is no room to cast.

Thanks ehg ...

Edited by letsgofishing