Quinte Dock fishing part deux

Acountdeleted

So, once again my buddy invited me to his cottage the past weekend for a full day of dock fishing. Between fishing on Quinte and how good the fishing off his dock was I couldn't refuse. I am really starting to think around his dock is one of the better areas on the lake as several boats trolled by as the day progressed.

Before I continue I have a quick question, when people troll by and cast at and under the dock that my buddy and I are fishing on do I have a right to be upset? I think I do as 1) I could have been hit by the casts. and 2) The guys with the boats can fish anywhere on the lake, we didn't have a boat so our fishing area radious was greatly decreased.

Anyways, rant asside on to the positives.

16+ hours of fishing yielded probabally about 15 largemouth bass between the 2 of us, lots of good size perch and blue gill, but what really took up most of our time were 3 Longnose Gar that were patrolling his dock. No matter what we tried though we just couldn't get them to bite. It was cool to see them but my dream of catching one will have to wait for another day.

A few highlight pics of the day.

IMG_8055.jpg

2 and a half pounds for this guy. Look at the size of the gut on that bass, needless to say they've been eating well.

IMG_2934.jpg

The scale said this one is 3 pounds, the funny thing is I thought the first one looked bigger.

IMG_3011.jpg

My first Drum, after the first one broke my line after a long fight I was so happy to land this one. Nothing more satisfying then landing a 7 pound fish on 4 pound fluro with a lite ugly stick.

IMG_5358.jpg

And my fav pic of the weekend. The cover of Rapala bass fishing 2013 here I come.

I'm starting to realize just how incredible the fishing is on Quinte (Oops, I wasn't supposed to share my hot spots right? Guess the cat is out of the bag). I can't wait to hopefully rent a boat some day and cover a little more water.