A COUPLE OF LIMBERLOST SPECKS

Pikeslayer

Morning All,

Junior brought a few of these back from LimberLost and I'm looking for suggestions as to the best way to prepare and cook these for dinner this evening.

http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/ae204/symon1/OFC/P1000629.jpg

Jacques, are you out there???

Simon, I'm here :) Best way to cook these beauties is to remove the head & fins, drop them into a hot pan with a dab of butter, salt & pepper and garlic salt to taste... that's it, that's all :D Make sure you open them up like a butterfly first and sear a couple of minutes, flip on each side and enjoy!

Here's the link to my report I made some time ago :)

Speckle Papillon

Cut off head, gut them, then stuff the cavity with salt, pepper, butter, garlic and onions. Just one idea.

Thx Chad. They were cleaned/gutted within a half hour of being caught. Iced and vacuum sealed and in the freezer same day, so I'm hoping they taste as close to fresh as possible. Believe it or not, I can't remember having ever eaten speckies, so I just want to make sure any ingredients don't over power the taste of the meat.

Looking for simple and yummy. Anybody else? Jacques?

Simon, I'm here :) Best way to cook these beauties is to remove the head & fins, drop them into a hot pan with a dab of butter, salt & pepper and garlic salt to taste... that's it, that's all :D Make sure you open them up like a butterfly first and sear a couple of minutes, flip on each side and enjoy!

Here's the link to my report I made some time ago :)

Speckle Papillon

Haha! Merci mon ami :thumbsup_anim:

That's exactly what I'm looking for. I'll post the picks later.