Sweatin it out on Pigeon Lake

addy79

Thankfully, whitemikeca from the board offered to pick me up at 5am on Sunday morning for our first Musky trip of the year. We realized we wouldn't be alone when passing through Bridgenorth; I guess a bass tourney was in town, I've never seen so many bass boats in my life! It was definitely cool to see these impressive machines fly across the water, also nice to discover some inconspicuous fishing spots that seemed to get a lot of attention from these guys that I've passed over so many times before...

Did I mention it was HOT! water temps at the surface were 76 degrees. Boat traffic in general was the highest I've ever seen it out there. I managed to snap ONE shot without a boat zipping through the scenery.

lake.jpg

We spent the majority of our time trolling the lake without too much to show for.

reel.jpg

At around 10am this girl decide to take my bait while trolling the top of Pigeon.

musky.jpg

By 2 we were exhausted from the heat and ready to head back. Can't wait for the fall!

dock.jpg

Edited by addy79

What camera did you use for those photos? Did you use a special lense, or setting? The look "rustic".

took them with my iphone. you can edit your photos through Instagram and add all kinds of cool effects.

Thanks for posting!

By any chance did any of those muskies have a spinnerbait stuck in her? LOL

I was at Pigeon on Sunday and 2 spinners fell victim

Nope. gotta use that power pro! we were running #100 pp with #140 floro leaders.