I hate to ask this Question again but.....

Skipper D

I am about to start calling around this morning to find out whats the best paint to be putting on my f/g boat hull , am sure i will be educated after a few calls but thought i'd get some good answers here if i asked .... o' and whats another good thing to be putting on the boats wood trim , what ever we end up useing for a white paint on the boat i thought i'd like to use the same thing on the wood to keep it simple and easy to take care of for later , thanks in advance for all your tips .

Edited by Skipper " D "

Thats right TWOCODY and i did , first off its to bad it just could'nt be left alone with its jelcoat finish , but times taken its toll on it , i'd like to see it looking new again and in order to see that happen its paint it time . For as long as own it , the boat will always be trailered , never left in the water , so several places today suggested for that reason i use Polyurathaine , guess thats what i'll use unless some comes along with a better idea .

When my brother painted my hull, he used a epoxy primer, after the gel-cote was sanded with 180 grit, and then he sprayed a single stage polyurethane. The prep work is the most important part. When you think you are done sanding, start over and sand again, repeat at least three times....

When my brother painted my hull, he used a epoxy primer, after the gel-cote was sanded with 180 grit, and then he sprayed a single stage polyurethane. The prep work is the most important part. When you think you are done sanding, start over and sand again, repeat at least three times....

Guess i am on the right trac with the polyurethane thing , never having worked with f/g that much , i was told to sand it with 400 and bought a case .

Edited by Skipper " D "

I was in the resto buiz at one time for my self for nine years HTHM , back then it was all enamals , never got to try base coat clear , i would realy like to some time but am not about to learn it on this project that am doing for my self , i just don't trust my self enough to get the clear right the way i'd like to see it ..... lol .

Edited by Skipper " D "