Another Great Evening Fishing

nroadrunner

Well my young lad heads to the in laws for the week on Monday. Decided to head down for another evening of fishng before he goes. I get the goat horns tonight as last night Tyler had a snag and I tightened his drag to break line. Yep you guessed it, I forgot to loosen it back off for tonights fishing. He had a great fish on jumped several times looked to be all of 4 lb smallie. About 1 foot from shore as I am running to help him I hear the deafening snap of his line breaking. I felt like crap when I realized what had happened.

We did manage to land some fish. My first fish was around 2 1/2 lbs and when I got it about 3 feet from shore in about 2 feet of water i noticed 5 more fish identical in size, give or take a few inches, swarming around the hooked fish. I have seen 1 or 2 fish and several small ones follow a hooked fish but this is the first time I had seen so many large fish like this.

We managed several smaller fish before I landed the twin to my first fish. Later on my wife got in to the act with a fish similar in size 2 2 1/2 lbs. All in all another great evening.

JulyFishing2012006.jpg

JulyFishing2012008.jpg

JulyFishing2012007.jpg

JulyFishing2012005.jpg

JulyFishing2012004.jpg

Thanks

Ian