Fishing Lodge Algonquin or close

Swedie

Hi all,

We are thinking about heading north of Toronto for a long weekend and do some fishing.

If anybody has any advise on fishing lodges around Algonquin park or close I would really appreciate it.

We have never been to Algonquin or north of it.

Regards, Swedie

Arowhon Pines, Bartlett Lodge and Killarney Lodge are in The Park. None will be inexpensive ;)

Outside the park are a number, I wouldn't necessarily call them fishing lodges per se although they're on lakes that would offer up small and largemouth bass among other species.

My favorite is Blue Spruce Inn (on Oxtongue Lake).

I keep suggesting Limberlost Forest & Wildlife Reserce because it's a place I want to go to, but never have. It's just outside the park and offers trout fishing.

What type of fishing do you want to do? trout? bass? pike? Are you fishing from a boat? a canoe? or shore?

There are plenty of lodges on the lakes that surround the park. Just not too many inside the park. There are some cabins in the park that I believe you can rent, but I don't know much about them.

If it were me, unless I was specifically after trout or wanted to canoe, I'd probably just hit a Kawartha lake.

It's mostly trout we would be fishing for, either in streams or lake by boat/canoe. So a place where it's possible to rent boat/canoe would be nice.

It doesn't have to be Algonquin, if there is any other good places in driving distance (6-8 hours) from Toronto we could do that as well.

Thanks for all the help so far.

It's mostly trout we would be fishing for, either in streams or lake by boat/canoe. So a place where it's possible to rent boat/canoe would be nice.

It doesn't have to be Algonquin, if there is any other good places in driving distance (6-8 hours) from Toronto we could do that as well.

Thanks for all the help so far.

Look up Laurentian Lodge in Elliot Lake. 6 hours from the city. Great Lake trout fishing and lots of brook trout rivers around. Gorgeous place and very reasonable.

My link

I was just up in Algonquin last month . We stay at a place just outside Bancroft on Paudash lake and we love it they're it is beautiful. We will be heading they're again in Late September. It is a 40 minute drive to Algonquin but any where near the park you are going to pay. Unless u CAMP!

You could also rent an RV that is another option.

Anyway if you do not mind the 40 minute commute try the Sommerset inn

Dave & Lori the Lodge owners are great people and they look after you....you have a choice of cottage, motel room or a room in the main Building. All rooms in the main building lead out to a beautiful Deck that over looks the lake.....They do not do breakfast!

Coffe & tea is in the reception for u plus they keep soft drinks and bottled water for u in the fridge at no extra cost. How ever THEY do have rooms with Kitchenette. They're prices are great.

And (Just for the Halibut) In Bancroft have the best fish N chips i have ever had in my life.

DSC_0036.jpg

Edited by nautifish