GOSD First Week of the Derby Hunt

I got out quite a bit in short stints for the derby, and it has been great fishing this year. I had the week off work, and although I imagined that I would be out every day hard core, that just isn't possible anymore with two young kids lol. I am a lucky guy though and still managed to get out almost every day, but just for a few hours in a morning or evening when fishing is best anyway. I haven't taken a contender for the derby, but I'll be out trying until the end when I can get out :)

I fished from the Leslie Street Spit area to Bronte. There have been bigger overall average size fish further east, and unreal numbers west, but lots of smaller fish with the odd good one.I fished with a few people and had a blast. I fished several times solo as well and had a hard time with double headers, netting etc., but what's life without a little challenge lol.

The Walker riggers have been consistently good, and dipsys have been mostly good. The riggers have been best for me by far, anywhere from 60' to 120' deep and sometimes a bit deeper on hot days with warm water temps. Cut herring strips with Coyote flashers have been very good and consistent, as has flashers and flies off dipsys. Big Erns have also been taking some fish for me. I've had good success anywhere from 186' out to 386' out on a 3 setting with 30lb wire. Whites and greens have been good as usual for me.

Here are some quick photos from my phone for my week 1 GOSD adventures.

GOSD_2012_01.jpg

GOSD_2012_02.jpg

GOSD_2012_03.jpg

GOSD_2012_04.jpg

GOSD_2012_05.jpg

GOSD_2012_06.jpg

GOSD_2012_07.jpg

GOSD_2012_08.jpg

GOSD_2012_09.jpg

GOSD_2012_10.jpg

GOSD_2012_11.jpg

GOSD_2012_12.jpg