Sparrow lake

aaro7940

I go up there once a year for a week with my family, I'd be curious as well, will be posting a thread in a few weeks asking a few questions too.. :P

here's what I know so far:

species are LMB, SMB, pike, muskie, walleye, as well as the regular assortment of panfish.

for bass and pike mostly fish in the bays because there are wayyy too many boats driving around the main lake.

for lures, I have caught a 29" pike on a 4# mepps, and I use a topwater frog for bass.

one more thing, when I went last year (about this time, cant wait to go up again!) there was a huge amount of weeds.. I ended up swapping my line for 12 lb braid because I lost about 5 lures to the weeds and whenever a fish wrapped itself in weeds, I was screwed..

good luck out there and when you get back put up a report as I will be heading up shortly!!!!

VERY busy lake. I will never complain about boat traffic in the Muskoka's or Haliburton cottage lakes again, after fishing Sparrow. If you can get on the water early and fish the edges of the channels before the daily parade starts, it's a beautiful weedline to work. Otherwise, stay to the shorelines and bays....plenty of weeds so bring the heavy stuff. Good bass fishing for sure.

VERY busy lake. I will never complain about boat traffic in the Muskoka's or Haliburton cottage lakes again, after fishing Sparrow. If you can get on the water early and fish the edges of the channels before the daily parade starts, it's a beautiful weedline to work. Otherwise, stay to the shorelines and bays....plenty of weeds so bring the heavy stuff. Good bass fishing for sure.

and pike if your into the babys.. most 1-3 lbs although I did catch a fat 29"er there appx 5 lbs