Took tomorrow off - Walleye Fishing - which lake you recommend?

mirogak

How did it go? It was sure windy as hell on Simcoe

It was a bummer. I was all set to go and thought I'd give the engine a start just to be sure and not give myself a surprise once I hit water. Lesson learned from a previous time. It started beautifully, let it run for 2 minutes BUT then she won't turn off. I even pulled the key out, she won't turn off. I yanked the wires from the batteries but she won't turn off. I finally had to cut off the gas supply and even then the engine took a good 3 minutes before dying out.

No idea what the hell happened to her. Tried again but same thing Am thinking its the ignition switch or some wiring has gone loose.

So I mowed the lawn, watered the plants, cleaned the shed, thinking I'd save the day by hitting a creek nearby for some evening dry fly action but only to have the freaking monsoon pour down on me.

So in the end I gave up, cooked some dinner and just finished watching the movie "the help"

Lol

There is my Friday report.

Miro

• 3 weeks later...

Thought I close this thread. Rice lake was pretty good fishing, especially after 8pm. I had always heard about the fishing getting turned on :) at the flick of a switch. And that's precisely what happened on Rice Lake especially around the islands. They came to the surface and were splashing left and and right. I never knew walleyes fought so hard. In the summer time, they seem lazy and don't wanna fight. But this day, there were fighting hard. Loads of fun. Here is a small clip.

http://youtu.be/-Bo5-vQMJWw?hd=1

Edited by letsgofishing