2012 Cornwall Lunker Club Tourny

well... yesterday was the 2012 annual spring walleye tournament....

with high bluebird skies it wasnt an easy day....

and the bite was really late for most teams... like make everyone really nervous late... the tourny was 7am till 3pm and i know 3 of the top 6 boats including ourselves didnt get into fish until lunch time... i was getting worried about showing up with a 3 fish bag... then it all started to come together and the walleye started slamming... they were hitting and fighting so hard i couldnt believe it....it wasnt long and we had our 3 in the well and started to cull... in the past 3 years the winning weights were 12 12 15... so we figured we needed 10 lbs to be in the top somewhere... once the bite slowed down we guessed that we might have 9lbs total... then we weighed our smallest and it was over 3 we realized we had 10+ in the well and our spirits went high...until... our friend drove by and held up a 7+ pound walleye :wallbash: ...lol...oh well... so now our main concern was trying to get our big kicker... so we hit all my top "big fish" locations but came up empty... but thats fishing... my brother got a 7+lb fish 2 days before the tourny...and the smallest fish he got last week pre fishing was over 4 pounds...but the day of... nadda...lol..

in the end we had a fun day in beautiful weather and light winds..... we weighed in a respectable weight getting us 6th out of 24 boats...

we headed back to the clubhouse after the weigh in and had some refreshments and bbq hotdogs and hamburgers with good friends... and shook hands with the anglers that had the better day congratulating them on their good day of fishing... everyone got a couple door prizes... i think the volunteers and the clubhouse raised some money with food and 50/50 draw...

the winners ended up with about $1000 with first place as well as the lunker prize...

anyways heres the pics

7a9929f9.jpg

bd257df4.jpg

be6891f3.jpg

f203e8ae.jpg

8d8bbe0d.jpg

451fa61a.jpg

4a2305e5.jpg

413c83a0.jpg

bb36fb0f.jpg

c5ba3141.jpg

1d313004.jpg