BOQ

davec72

just got back from bay of quinte ,what a trip memories forever, best fishing i have had foe along time ,stayed at blakewood lodge ,nice folks stayed in a cabin small but good for the 3 of us .We killed the heck out of walleye monday evening and tuesday evening wow numbers were in the high 30s lol.During the day we fished pike what a freakin blast i dont know what the count was but my arms were sore also lots of bass that were cared for and released quickly .this was a great trip cant wait to do it again good luck to all

Great stuff. Better results than many of us on the opener that's for sure, congratulations! I have heard stories from my dad of his outings he had after the opener. Guessing the 2 or 3 weeks after the opener are amazing fishing.

Guessing the 2 or 3 weeks after the opener are amazing fishing.

There's lots of variables.... from what I've seen/heard this year, things are WAY ahead of schedule and most of the (big girls) have already made their way back out to Lake O. That def doesn't mean the the fishing will suck, because there is a huge resident Walleye population on Quinte as well, but typically "giants" are hard to come by until the Fall/Winter. Fish in the 1.5 - 8 lb range are common during the late spring/summer months. I believe the resident fish will soon (if not already) be on their "summer" spots/patterns, which is a total BLAST as they just HAMMER crankbaits and jigs fished along weed edges. Had more than a few literally almost rip the rod out of my hands in the past few years.

TONS of fun for sure!

There's lots of variables.... from what I've seen/heard this year, things are WAY ahead of schedule and most of the (big girls) have already made their way back out to Lake O. That def doesn't mean the the fishing will suck, because there is a huge resident Walleye population on Quinte as well, but typically "giants" are hard to come by until the Fall/Winter. Fish in the 1.5 - 8 lb range are common during the late spring/summer months. I believe the resident fish will soon (if not already) be on their "summer" spots/patterns, which is a total BLAST as they just HAMMER crankbaits and jigs fished along weed edges. Had more than a few literally almost rip the rod out of my hands in the past few years.

TONS of fun for sure!

Water temps will dictate what is going on........I thought the exact same thing until I fished Oneida Lake on May 5th.....guess what...it was 51 degrees just like every other year and the fish were on the same patterns..........except the water was super clear and the fish dropped off into a little deeper water then in past years....

Now yesterday I fished Chautauqua Lake for crappie.....and guess what......they were in the shallows just like every other year and the water temps were around 56 degrees.....pretty much like every other year.....but I would have guess those fish would have been LONG GONE by now.....we are always learning as anglers.

Bob