Selfish schemes to keep me fishing!

Hi All,

In a reply to my last report Harrison mentioned I should use clear Drennan floats for crappie. In reply to his comment I mentioned that these were the floats I normally use already but stepped on my last one shore fishing walleye last fall. I also mentioned that i had been using them for years...in particular for pier fishing mackerel and sea bass back in England. That got me thinking..."hey....i have an old sea fishing tackle box!" and low and behold i dug it out of the garage rafters and opened it up to find.................

IMG_1812.jpg

IMG_1810.jpg

IMG_1811.jpg

IMG_1809.jpg

.................a bunch of Drennan floats and 'subfloats'(awesome as inline weightless livebait rig for sea bass)

Ok...so here is where my evil selfish plan comes in. Mum is at work....I am looking after Jack. Its been a kinda busy day and I have not had much time to play with jack...he is getting bored and restless.

I now have the itch to fish real bad but also feel i need to give the boy some fun too. Then it happened! PURE EVIL GENIUS!

Jack loves the boat....mum is taking him swimming from work at 6:30pm in town. Wabigoon River is behind the pool. I asked Jack if he wanted to go for a ride in the boat to see mum for swimming....lol....the plan involved 3 of Jack's favourite things so i knew the answer would be yes. I called mum to tell her to meet us at the dock...she was fine with that......then called my buddy Sven who said he'd join me for an hour in search of crappie.

In the end Sven caught the only crappie...another monster 14"er. We caught a ton of perch and even more hammer handles.

I think the water temps are still a little low for the spawn as the crappie Sven got came out of 14'FOW in front of the bays they spawn in. At least for once i have managed to find them where they are meant to be pre-spawn...even if in low numbers.....see....sometimes i do pay attention to what people tell me!

Surface temps creeping up around 52F. After all the excitement about the slip bobber, most of the fish including the crappie fell to jig/minnow presentations.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/--vdmYHyX98" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

IMG_1819.jpg

IMG_1822-1.jpg

IMG_1825-1.jpg

WE WILL RETURN!

IMG_1826-1.jpg

Its a fine line between evil genius and insanity but then i remembered that you ice fish and tht kinda explains it all :whistling:

Nice score on the float find...i love it when that happens...almost like winning the lottery at times..

Jack seems to be keeping you on the sane side of genius...nice report :clapping: