3rd Pigeon lake report

scottydog

I decided Monday morning at about 8 am I would try again to fish the north end of pigeon. Checked the weather and it said all clear till about 3pm. The key was southwest winds to 30 km.

I figured no problem as I was going to launch over by bald lake and the waves won't be very big there. Any way to make a long story short I fished from 11am till 4pm and found no crappie again. I caught lots of bluegill and a couple of tornados. Tried deep in 22 feet and all the way in to a marina. I marked alot of fish in 15 ft of water down about 6 ft. I put the camera down to see what it was that wasn't biting my jig and sure enough they were bluegills. Water Temps at the shallow 3ft to about 4ft was 56 degrees and out deeper water was 50 degrees. Will try again maybe thursday. I'm starting to think maybee i'm not too good at this crappie thing. I've fished for them for over 20 years and this is definately the worst I've done. Thanks to those who have tried to help. A bad day fishing well you know the rest.