trout fishing n. quebec in may

jnic

If your heading there with Air Melancon get Rick to sign you up onto Team #4.

My friend you are going to Paradise for trout.Lake trout on the surface with spoons.Cast slow retrieve.

Speckles just use a lake clear spoon attached to a trail hook 18 inches long #4 or #6 trout hooks tipped with a worm.Troll

3 inch Yozuri pin minnows slow retrieve.

Enjoy your trip.Dress warm its really cold up there in May.I have had snow in my boat May 24 weekend in that area.

Good luck we want to see huge trout Pics.

MTP

If your heading there with Air Melancon get Rick to sign you up onto Team #4.

My friend you are going to Paradise for trout.Lake trout on the surface with spoons.Cast slow retrieve.

Speckles just use a lake clear spoon attached to a trail hook 18 inches long #4 or #6 trout hooks tipped with a worm.Troll

3 inch Yozuri pin minnows slow retrieve.

Enjoy your trip.Dress warm its really cold up there in May.I have had snow in my boat May 24 weekend in that area.

Good luck we want to see huge trout Pics.

MTP

thanks alot for the info. not sure what you mean about team #4 thanks again jnic

i am heading to sand lake, with air melancon. up around the clova area.

Unless there's another Sand Lake that air Melancon flies into, it's actually primarily a pike and walleye fishery along with some lakers (definitely no spec's).

Seems odd to be flying in on the 15th, 'cause at least in my part of N/W Quebec in the Rouyn Noranda area where my cabin is, Walleye and Pike opens on the 21st of May this year....

Unless there's another Sand Lake that air Melancon flies into, it's actually primarily a pike and walleye fishery along with some lakers (definitely no spec's).

Seems odd to be flying in on the 15th, 'cause at least in my part of N/W Quebec in the Rouyn Noranda area where my cabin is, Walleye and Pike opens on the 21st of May this year....

no thats the one. the back lake (adams lake) has specs. i was told by the outfitter that pike and walleye open on the friday. it was the only week i could get holidays. so 3 days trout 3 days pike. thanks jnic

p.s. have you heard how the fishing is at sand lake thanks jnic

solopaddler

if im not mistaken the zone where he will be fishing walleye and pike open the friday before the long weekend

(18 may) and i also checked for the zone around rouyn noranda and it also opens the 18th of may

Edited by carll2

I know, I just logged on so I could reply to this thread.

Amazingly, since January I've been planning my dates using the calendar sitting on desk....As it turns out it was an old one :D . I seriously can't believe I didn't notice this before now. Shows how much I pay attention to the small details.

I wasn't exactly sure on the date of the opener up there, only that after I checked online a couple months ago and looked at my callendar that it was the Saturday of the long weekend..which in itself is not correct. Man I'm an idiot :wallbash:

Now I've got to rearrange my work schedule so I can get up there on Thursday now instead of Friday.

Cheers, Mike :P