~~My Widdle Gween Machine 1st trip out

oldphart

~~~~Finally it;s soft water time, time to get the Gween Machine in the water, so Slug and I headed up to Sibs on Sat.to get her wet

106_1377.jpg

There was only one other boater at the park we saw him as we were heading out, just off shore. Here's the ramp pics

106_1375.jpg

106_1376.jpg

The weatherman says it's going to be plus22, and sunny, eeyea, As soon as we got got we hit the fog bank, and ice sheets

106_1381.jpg

106_1380.jpg

Couldn't see more then 25' in front at most times, had to skrit, around some large sheets of ice, not with out bumping this Berg

106_1383.jpg

Alot of bergs the size of trash cans were just under the water blending in, with the fog. We stopped 6, or 7 times, looken for perch, not marking, very much, and not getting any thing. We got to the top of Gerogina

106_1384.jpg

Then for a short time the breeze came up, and sure enough

106_1387.jpg

But then it would be gone and back to being blind, The only way we made it out there was with the GPS, and old phishen tracks, and wavepoints. We wanted to see if we could getaround the island, but the water was so cold my bilge pump froze up, and the Widdle Gween Machine is 15 years old, so some water does get in, so we headed back to the ramp. There's always next weekend

Looks alot like it did here yesterday. The fog sat in until well after noon.The sun did come out finally, and i untarped the boat and started getting her ready.

In the faster flowwing parts of the river the ice is completely gone, but in my end, there are still some pretty big Bergs.

Thanks for the report.

Paul