Spring chromin

mikeseb

Hey yall, hope everyone enjoying this weather!! I know I am!!

I managed to make it out to the river twice this week with some great results in my books. I went 6 for 10 in total, loosing one fish to a SPOOLING! A huge buck that could have been my new pb took me far downstream below a set of rapids. I was very cautiously attempting to cross, and just as I was about 75% across the deep fast water i looked up at my rod only to see the last of my line leaving the last few line guides!!! I couldn't believe it! Good thing my vest or back pack ALWAYS has at least two different spools of line in it. The next day I had the same thing happen only the water was higher and faster so crossing was impossible so I had to intentionally loose the fish before I got spooled again wallbash.gifwallbash.gif Thankfully I managed to unhook the fish which was roughly 40 yards downstream of me by letting out a bunch of slack line and then reeling it back it very slowly letting the fish and current jostle that hook loose. Here are some pics of the fish I managed to get to the bank. Very mixed bag of fish as in fresh chrome and darker ones. The buck in the picture was actually fully spawned out! His belly was very rough and you could tell it was empty.

Mike

Tight lines nd floats down!

IMG00184-20120306-0733.jpg

IMG00185-20120306-1007.jpg