Who's hitting crappie on the opener??

jeffw

Do you really think the crappies have had that much of an impact on the eyes in scugog?

I know the eye fishing isn't as good as it once was, but I don't think crappies are the blame. Maybe too many people fishing....hard and softwater.....the lake gets pounded! Release the eyes and feast on crappies!!

Sinker

I totally agree with Sinker. I don't believe crappies kill the population of walleyes/pickerals. There is no concrete evidence that this is true. Myths have always been misinterpreted as the truth. Until studies of the feeding habits of crappies comes out ... then I will believe in this myth.

Man is to blame for the decline in Walleye ask the average person what local fish they like the most the pickerel is the #1 answer. Only anglers know Crappie to be better (and even that is debatable for many) On the way up to our trailer on an indian reserve there is a Chip truck that sells pickerel and fries wonder how many they are getting to meet demands.

Anyways I am hoping to get some Crappies when our trailer opens in May we go up on the 4th of May to open.

When people had trouble catching walleyes on Scugog 20yrs ago they blamed the musky, 10yrs ago they blamed the "White Bucket Brigade" and now they are sure they can't catch them because of the crappie. I don't dispute that they may be harder to come by these days but lets put the blame where it belongs, on walleye fishermen. Last time I was there was 4 yrs ago and I caught a walleye on my first cast. It was 20" long and I kept it to eat. So if you want you can blame me.