looking to upgrade trolling motor

mercforever

I have a 16 foot Lund, boat and motor are about 1500 lbs. I switched from a 55 lb 12v powerdrive to an 80 lb. 24v Terrova last spring, love it! I can almost hold myself stationary in the strong current of the Upper Niagara under the Trainbridge, if you've ever been there you know how fast it moves! And I finally installed an onboard charger, thats a nice feature! If you can stand the expense, you won't regret it!

Edited by Pigeontroller

I have a 16 foot Lund, boat and motor are about 1500 lbs. I switched from a 55 lb 12v powerdrive to an 80 lb. 24v Terrova last spring, love it! I can almost hold myself stationary in the strong current of the Upper Niagara under the Trainbridge, if you've ever been there you know how fast it moves! And I finally installed an onboard charger, thats a nice feature! If you can stand the expense, you won't regret it!

what did that setup cost you with the charger?I'm sick of fishing just the calm water!!!

The 80lb with ipilot is around a $1000 or atleast it was last year when I bought my boat the ipilot is awesome I have it on a 18'3" Lund and its lots of power only time i wish I had a 101is when its really windy like 30k+ and it still works just have to turn up the juice normally I run it on 2-3power and the batteries last forever