Full Moon - impact when ice fishing?

Nipfisher

Looking at the lunar calanders it is supposed to be good fishing 3 days before and 3 days after the full moon.

With the drastic changes in temps over the last 2 days fishing has sucked. Marking lots of fish and can put the bait in front of them but not biting.

I was thinking about going to the hut tonight from 8 - midnite. Unfortunately, I fell asleep puting my little guy to bed and woke up after 9.

Question is.....anyone have better or less success fishing the full moon during winter?

Edited by Nipfisher

I have fished the full moon and find that one hour before to one hour after the full moon is at it's midpoint is the best. As an example Feb 7 the moon rise was 6pm and moon set was 7am so midpoint was 12:30am. Best fishing would be between 11:30pm and 1:30am. Two days before and two days after works as well, just adjust times.

while lunar phases definately play a big role, i'm a believer that weather/pressure trump them. now if you get both aligned, prepare for some good fishing.

there was lots of wildlife moving last night, could hear/see deer, coyotes and owls out'n'about sitting on my porch.

btw, this is what the moon looked like last night (not my photo)

moon_794.jpg

Edited by Raf