River fishing?

GreenCanada

I have a request that hopefully someone can help me with. If you don't feel comfortable posting a response, feel free to PM me instead.

I spin fish, typically quite a bit, but I haven't had the opportunity this winter to get out and get my line wet. What I am looking for is a place to go river fishing (preferably for trout) within about an hour or so of Guelph. Basically, I'm pretty stressed out right now and feel that even just tossing a line would help alleviate some of it. I'm a pretty experienced fisherman but I haven't done much winter river fishing and figure since it has been really mild that most rivers will still be ice free, for the most part.

I'm not looking for your honey holes (but if you want to provide some spots I promise to keep my lips sealed), but just a place to have a chance at hooking into something. I just need to feel the rush that comes with the territory.

Any advice would be more than appreciated.

GreenCanada

P.s. I am cross referencing the reg's and google maps, but I would rely on your experience any day of the week.