LHFC Rainbow Trout Fin Clipping Work Bee Feb4/5

spinnerbaitking

The Lake Huron Fishing Club is having a Work bee on Saturday Feb. 4th and Sunday, Feb 5th 8:30 am to noon & we are looking to get the word out, any volunteers out there that wants to help sign up here & I'll pass the info on or Message Me, The more the merrier, it looked like 7 or 8 Guys works really well around 1 tank

Thanx & Tight Lines RichardGonefishing.gif

Edited by spinnerbaitking

Hey Guys

My Uncle Don Passed away on Tuesday & the Wake is at 12:30 & Funeral 1:30 on Saturday, so I'm hoping to be at the Hatchery on Sunday morning, the President of the Club Al Wilkins will be there to open up & do the Fin Clipping on Saturday & Sunday, I'll e-mail Al to let him know who is going to help.

Thanx & Tight Lines RichardGonefishing.gif

Hey a big Thank You goes out to everybody that showed up, I wish I could`ve been there but things didn`t work out, I understand there is a crew from Port Elgin going in Tuesday to hopefully finish the rest of the bigger ones & the small Rainbows will be getting done in about a month

The finclippers were: Saturday - Michael Blumhagen, Dave Berford, Paul Winkel, Al Wilkins, Joanne Wilkins, Kevin, Vicki and Kyle Lantz, Margaret Hanley

Sunday - Ted Carthy, Al Wilkins, Joanne Wilkins

Thanx & Tight Lines Richardthumbsup_anim.gifGonefishing.gifclapping.gif

Shopfishhatchcottage013.jpg

So they know it`s stocked & the year class, different fin different year

SBKGonefishing.gif

This comes from one of the guys in the Know, We clip adipose, always for Saugeen steelhead. We did vent clips early on in the program, but each year since has been adipose, and it will stay adipose clips. This is an agreement with the MNR. Year class means nothing, just the fact that they are O.S./LHFC fish is the reason they are clipped, by MNR mandate

Thanx & Tight Lines SBK