S.O.S Saving our streams

nautifish

Well no need for along post as i hope the video will say it all... ;)

Just to warn you the video is 10 minutes long and in total we filled 15 garbage bags not including all the pails,flooring,tiles,metal ect we also collected. The back of my windstar was packed to the top.

Edited by nautifish

Thank you for sharing that video, if everyone pitched in just a little bit the world would be a much more beautiful place.

That was hard work... Kudos to you and your family Nauti!

Well done

Jen

Thankyou jen.

The main purpose of the video is to let everyone know about the S.O.S PROGRAME which i think is a awesome idea. www.floatfishing.net

It really was not hard work. You get dirty lol but hell whats a bit of dirt if it makes the enviroment you enjoy that much safer & nicer right>? In total we were down there for two hrs and three of us managed to fill a whole windstar just three of us. Imagine what a team of ten to twenty people could do?

I really hope that more people will take the time and effort to clean up there favorite ereas.

WAY TO GO

If anyone needs than in the Dufferin area, Remo from floatfishing.net dropped the bag at the store Sat.

Do your part and pich in

Good job on the video

Dave

\

Thankyou Dmasse. As mentioned on the video lots of locations around ontario where you can pick up the bags. All people :thumbsup_anim: need do is visit the website for more details.

wow! great video, thank you very much for sharing that, its hard to believe that people would do that to local fishing spots, dog runs, and destroy such a beautiful scenery of the lake... but it happens everywhere, and there should be signs and people checking periodically for such waste, hats off to your clean up crew, i think that your video may inspire many, and we may see a change in attitudes in time coming.... once again, thank you for that video, i now want to clean up a spot i fish daily, just clean it until its clean, i am also donating a waste drum..... Bud

wow! great video, thank you very much for sharing that, its hard to believe that people would do that to local fishing spots, dog runs, and destroy such a beautiful scenery of the lake... but it happens everywhere, and there should be signs and people checking periodically for such waste, hats off to your clean up crew, i think that your video may inspire many, and we may see a change in attitudes in time coming.... once again, thank you for that video, i now want to clean up a spot i fish daily, just clean it until its clean, i am also donating a waste drum..... Bud

its hard to believe that people would do that to local fishing spots, dog runs, and destroy such a beautiful scenery of the lake...

Well as i said on the video Bud i really do not understand the mentality of it i really do not. It saddens me that some people really do not seem to give a rats ass.

Now i am not sure what you mean by a donateing a waste drum. You mean to put in ur local spot that you are going to clean up?

yepper, am going to place a metal drum right at the point of where i fish and it appears many others do, as there is a pile of trash, some floating and catch on logs (which i am going to wade in and clean) may not be a good idea if fish are actually spawning at that time will have to see.... also intend to paint S.O.S on it as well.. although it was a matter of time that i would clean this mess, your video did give me that extra push... Bud

Thats a great idea BUD......I am assuming then you do not have many problems with people turning over the waste drums in that erea and dumping everything out?

Sadley we get that alot here in dover, Usually teenagers or drunks coming out the bars after close. I KNOW i used to live in main street here in dover right in amongst the thick of it. One thing that gets my goat up in dover is we are a tourist town and the municipality will not even try to do anything about putting proper garbage disposal on the streets here. With so many tourists through the summer months the waste drums they put on the pier & main street are just over flowing with garbage. So much so it is all on the ground also. Then like i said you get the hoodlums who think it is funny to tip them over thrown them in the lake or roll them down the middle of the main street on the road itself....I know be cause i have seen it many a time.

I just wish they would put something more permanant on the streets,peir and such here in dover. Like concrete permanant ones that cannot be tipped over.

well i can see that, last week my girlfriends parents house was vandalized, (garden gnomes broken, garden tore up, eggs thrown at house, beer bottles smashed in front of house) the list continues,,,, mind you that was the eve of the 13th, now they live over on mergl drive and the many times i frequent dover, i have seen quite some freaky looking teenagers.... none the less, i believe there just are not enuff police officers to patrol the streets..... dont get me wrong, i love Dover and i wish i could move there, but custody agreements have me trapped here in niagara heh.... did i mention i love to fish there as well? well i do that too :P

as for the drum being tipped over.. there is a pole there to whcih i can attach chains to it and if someone takes the time to cut the chains and flip it over... then im at a lost cause i spose... Bud

well i can see that, last week my girlfriends parents house was vandalized, (garden gnomes broken, garden tore up, eggs thrown at house, beer bottles smashed in front of house) the list continues,,,, mind you that was the eve of the 13th, now they live over on mergl drive and the many times i frequent dover, i have seen quite some freaky looking teenagers.... none the less, i believe there just are not enuff police officers to patrol the streets..... dont get me wrong, i love Dover and i wish i could move there, but custody agreements have me trapped here in niagara heh.... did i mention i love to fish there as well? well i do that too :P

as for the drum being tipped over.. there is a pole there to whcih i can attach chains to it and if someone takes the time to cut the chains and flip it over... then im at a lost cause i spose... Bud

last week my girlfriends parents house was vandalized, (garden gnomes broken, garden tore up, eggs thrown at house, beer bottles smashed in front of house) the list continues,,,, mind you that was the eve of the 13th,

The sad part about that Bud is that it was probably a local and not a biker from out of town. I know mergl was looking at property there last summer.

You have a means of keeping the drum secured so that is awesome... :thumbsup_anim:

i am going to contact the city as well and see if there is a way the could pick up the garbage on the day the garbage is sposed to be out for my area, i do not mind picking it up myself and and disposing of it when full.... hopfully with any luck, people will use it instead of the lake... all anyone can do is hope it works out for the benefit of the fishery.... Bud