Need Help

duxbware

Got a call this morning that our trip to Niagara has to be rebooked. We were suppose to leave tonight. My questions is where should we go now. I have till Saturday to fish. Hard or soft water I don't care. I can float fish or bring my hut. Anyone know if lake Benard has safe ice? Anyone fish Huron tribs? how is the ice along the edges of the river? are they fishable? Sorry for all the qustions? Don't have the time to research them as I normally would. Have to drop the boys off at school and off to work!!! Thanks for all who help out. My weekend is not off to a good start!!! Live in Kitchener willing to drive anywhere within 5hr.

I'll assume this was a charter on the Niagara river for steelhead that was cancelled because of poor conditions?

If you really have your heart set on Steelhead a drift boat trip on either the Salmon River in Pulaski NY, or the Muskegon River in Michigan would be excellent alternatives, most likely even more fun imo.

Drive time assuming no border delays are within your range.

Can recommend guides at both rivers.

Thanks for hte suggestions guys. Solo do you have that info. Passport is expired but that sounds good in the future...

As long as your passport is expired look into a passport "card" or enhanced Driver's License....all the boarder bridges now have a dedicated "Ready Lane" that can process you faster because of the high tech chip that is in those cards.

See here:

http://www.buffalonews.com/city/article707095.ece