Lowrance/Navionics Map Create

fishdawg

I am wondering about this project... who has used it? What are the benefits of it?

you load your waypoints and can edit the maps to create custom maps

change your icons on maps etc.

create maps for lakes that are not on your navionics chip

it can be found on the net for free so give it a try, I have it but rarely use it dont have the patience for it really

what is handy thought is this gps converter I have it can convert waypoints for all units to use on each other

ie. convert lowrance to hummingbird to garmin etc depending on what your buddy has on his boat pop your chip in with your converted waypoints and u are off to the races

Is there a way to essentially plot the depths on that map if you drive around the lake?

Yes....you register a bunch of waypoints and inscribe the depth at these waypoints. Then link the similar depths with a pencil and eventually, you will have a contour map of the bottom of your lake. Of course, the more waypoints that are registered, the more accurate your contour map will be.

There are free programs on the internet where you can register your waypoints and then store them until you return to that particular body of water. Then you can reload your GPS with this info or you can even send them by e-mail to a buddy. He does not have to have the same GPS to use this info.

One of the first free programs that you should check is called "Easy GPS".