Lake Temagami

duckdog

A few quick questions, not looking for you hot spot lol, If I go in the access rd is there anywhere close by for lakers? but the main thing is I will be bringing my atv and flip over is there anywhere thats I should stay away from due to bad ice?

Sure is. I'm not a lake trout hero, but last year we took the access road in, turned right onto the lake, found 60 FOW and fished the area. Sure enough we landed two small lakers. It was less than 1kms from the access point.

There is also a major ice road there (if good ice), so u can just follow that.

Ice road fishing is pretty fun.....good if you have a depth chart....but really not hard to pick out the obvious drop-offs around shoal markers and points. I did the same thing...access road in....turned "right" on the lake. Park well off to the side, then go roaming....and don't drill holes on the ice road :lol:

Yah.. I warned Johnny about drilling holes in the road.. not good! lol

Lakers.. remember they don't open until FEB 15th... but you can catch whities and 'eye's in the same holes today! Don't get too caught up on depths for lakers on Temagami as Walleymaster can tell you I proved to him, when he and his lads were all laughing at me for drilling in 14 FOW !! :whistling: (they didn't laugh too long!)

Edited by irishfield

awesome guys, thanks for the heads up

You still working HD Duckdog??

I'll be up there from the 17th to 26th of Feb... if you wanna join us for a day out on the lake during that period just PM me and I'll send you some details on how to find us easily just from driving out from the TOWN boat launch. We'll all be on sleds though... and Terry found out an ATV is no fun in a foot of snow one year ,although I'm certain he enjoyed Laker Jessy on the back.... (oh it's okay it's was before she was married! LOL )... but pending lake conditions you could probably run right with us for the most part by staying on the main sled trail if snow depth is an issue.

Yup, still there, I cant go the same place a sled does for sure, I have zillas on it so it does pretty good, I would for sure like to go with you guys for the day, keep me posted. What ever happens up there with you guiys, promise I wont tell everyone on the board as soon as I get home lol, I am looking forward to it, I will send you a msg closer to the time to work out details, one one the weekends I will be off for sure, worst comes to work and the snow is deep my father in-law is an awesome guy I could bring him along or borrow his sled :-) by the way those rivets you gave me years ago, I followed your directions on fixing my boat, two owner later and approx 5yrs and its still is going strong

Nelson