OT: Buy and Sell Silver?

cityfisher

$1,000 bought a whole lot more in 1980 than $1,600 will buy you today.

Unless you're buying a TV... :rolleyes: having said that, still alot of TVs from the eighties are still working. Don't think we'll see many of today's TVs working in 30 years.

In absolute dollars it is higher than in the early eighties. However, if you adjust for inflation it is no where near where it was in the early eighties. I remember gold being over $1,000 /oz around 1980; it is about $1,600 /oz now... $1,000 bought a whole lot more in 1980 than $1,600 will buy you today.

I Understand some investments will do better then gold...

But some investments tank...

Gold is a very safe investment... You won't get rich on buying gold... But chances are you won't go broke and lose your life savings either...

This is just my 2 cents... I'm a guy that would rather play it safe and have a decent life then risk my families future on an investment gamble...

lots of good comments...After thought I dont really intend on selling anytime soon just wondered where are the best methods to sell gold/silver vs selling to a COIN store for less than Spot price... If anything ill slowly add to my metals collection and with a couple babies entering the family, ill gladly give them a coin/bar for there bdays opposed to more toys... In 20 years they might say, Uncle cityfisher made a smart move :)