Fenwick Elite Tech River Runner Rods?

solopaddler

Anyone have any feedback on these rods?

Never really looked at them before, but they have some interesting features as well as a lifetime warranty.

They come with titanium frame SIC guides. The guides alone are worth as much as the price of the rod LOL!

Currently they can be purchased online for anywhere from 85-95 bucks.

They apparantly have a spiggot style ferrule as well. How does that feel? I havn't used a rod with a spiggot ferrule in probably 40 years.

The handle looks pretty interesting as too. If anyone has used these rods can you please tell me exactly how the reel seat works 'cause I can't figure it out. :D

http://www.fenwickfishing.com/prod.php?k=375593&sk=375593&p=PURERR58UL-F%20(1205787)

(Just edited the title as it seems not all rods in the series have the same components)

Edited by solopaddler

I was expecting to see a float road looking at the name.

I actually examined one at LeBaron's last week while picking up some steelhead stuff (they charge 40% less for stuff like blackbird floats and pinkies than anyone out east here)

They look interesting. The reel seat is funky, it works by turning the fore or aft grip (I cant recall, I think it was the fore) . The rapala rods do the same thing but with a different grip.

Looked nice and comfortable but I wondered whether there would be a gap between the cork and seat depending on how long the foot of your reel was.

I was expecting to see a float road looking at the name.

I actually examined one at LeBaron's last week while picking up some steelhead stuff (they charge 40% less for stuff like blackbird floats and pinkies than anyone out east here)

They look interesting. The reel seat is funky, it works by turning the fore or aft grip (I cant recall, I think it was the fore) . The rapala rods do the same thing but with a different grip.

Looked nice and comfortable but I wondered whether there would be a gap between the cork and seat depending on how long the foot of your reel was.

Thanks for your input. I'm going to guess it's the rear cork that turns but I'll find out.

I'm guessing not too many people have fished this rod since it's relatively new.

All the reviews on the internet are absolutely glowing though.

The one piece Elite Tech Smallmouth series look great too.

With those kind of high end components and a lifetime warranty they're definitely worth a shot.

Just in case anyone's interested Amazon has the best prices which include free shipping to the lower 48:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=fenwick+elite+tech+&x=10&y=13

If anyone is interested, these rods are also available at Bass Pro Shops in Vaughn. The rod looks great but it felt a bit tip heavy; you may feel differently. Solo is right about the price of the guides; a Fuji Titanium #30 stripper guide is approximately $30. If you were to buy a set of six guides and tip top, you'd be close to a $100.

HI Mike, I have some of the smallmouth rods heading my way shortly. I will get back to you!

I am really impressed with the elite Ice Rod myself and so are some of my customers.

Edited by Harrison