Car Issues.

OutdoorDan

Print off what you just posted here , take it with you , then first try to let them satisfy you , if you find their attitude is still the same pull out your post print off and give it to them , let them know you plan to post a copy in the media if the car is not fixed today . Good luck .

Great Idea!!!

You get 36 days for anything mechanical but I also got them so sign off on a 2-week comprehensive warranty before taking the car.

If by chance you’re referring to the length of time that the MTO safety certificate is valid for; you might find that you’re mistaken. A safety inspection or its certificate is NOT a form of warrantee; it only states that on the day of inspection the vehicle conformed to the Ministries MINIMUM safety requirements. The safety certificate is valid for vehicle ownership transfer for the 36 days, from the date the certificate was issued but that is all that it means. It doesn’t even mean that the vehicle would pass a second inspection before the end of the 36 days. If this tire was not visibly low with air on the day of inspection and there were no obvious problems with the tire (nail in, gash or worn out) then it passed the inspection. Your check engine light has nothing to do with a safety inspection; again if the 36 day is what you were referring to . Even for an emissions test, with the way the MOE regulations are right now, a vehicle can be tested with the check engine light on. With the code you gave us the car would still likely pass the actual ASM (Dyno) test. I’m not defending these guys who sold you the car; just trying to inform you that legally they may not have done anything wrong; ethically is possibly a different story?

Dan.

Edited by DanD

Update:

So, after 6 hours in the dealership they fixed it. I think I may have gotten lucky getting a friendly mechanic there on the case. Bill was ~400$, covered by the dealership. Warranty was to 60k so it had just expired. Fingers crossed that everything keeps working as it is now and no further issues.

Thanks everyone for your help in this thread.

Great news. Just curious what they had to do to fix the problem. Replace the temperature sensor?

Yes, turns out I was right about what the problem was. The part itself is something like 120$ and there's lots of labour involved. The temperature sensor is part of the whole fuel pump unit, you have to get under the rear seat to get to it, lower the fuel tank, etc.

I think part of the reason everything went pretty smooth today was because of the information I've gotten on everything at that point (reading the OBDII codes, researching how to do it so I know what's part of the process, etc.). Once you present them that you are aware of these things they start talking to you a little differently and much less likely to jerk you around.

So for anyone with a similar crappy situation in the future (let's hope you won't be, but something or other always comes up) - take some time to do at least a little bit of research, the power of having more information could help you out lots.

IF ALL ELSE FAILS, I BELIEVE IN ONTARIO...MAYBE ALL CANADA. WE HAVE A 7 DAY CONTRACT CANCELL OPTION WHICH MEANS

YOU CAN LEGALLLY CANCELL ANY CONTRACT WITHIN 7 DAYS. IF IT HAS TIRES...IT GONNA BE TROUBLErolleyes.gif

Edited by aplumma
NO MOCK CUSSING READ THE RULES PLEASE

I had very similar story, where the car was pulling to the right, and the dealer agreed to fix the problem before I pick the car.

when driving away. after few blocks I noticed the care still pulling...I called the sales women.. she tried to pull the wool over my eyes, I responded very firmly. that I am returning the car.. so I did...after 20 utes the dealer's manager showed up and explained that the tires needed to be change..few days later they called me to bring the car in.. and they did change the 4 tires...and my problem was fixed//

In your case they just cancelled the code but did not fix the problem