Local resort helping to raise funds for Lauren Gillie.

DT10Sam

On April 3rd I posted a thread called “Local little girl needs your help.” I am extremely thankful for those that have contributed to Lauren Gillie’s trust fund. Lauren Gillie is a 5 year old child and a senior kindergarten student at Massassauga-Rednersville School and she was diagnosed with a rare, life threatening form of brain cancer.

Lauren with Easter chocolate.

EasterPicture.jpg

I have recently received an email from Scott Walcott who has made an incredible offer to assist in helping raise funds for Lauren Gillie and her trips for her daily Chemotherapy sessions in Toronto. Lauren’s family is driving down to Sick Kids Hospital in Toronto every morning.

Scott, Sophia and Don Walcott are owner/operators of West Lake Willows Resort in beautiful Prince Edward County. When I called Scott today his offer to assist was overwhelming and very much appreciated. Scott opened up his heart and has offered a financial contribution as well as a gift certificate that is now up for auction to the highest bidder. For further information on West Lake Willows Resort just click here to be redirected.

The gift certificate is for a three day, two night fishing trip to West Lake Willows Resort for 2-4 people. Package includes accommodations in a waterfront cottage suites, boat, motor, and gas, GPS, and guided outing to learn the lake, successful techniques and proven hot spots. Spend the day fishing in the shadows of the world’s largest freshwater sand dunes, and the evenings relaxing in our first class accommodations. Package value is $577.00 - $883.00 and valid May 10, 2007 – June 19, 2007.

If you would like to bid on this package please do so on line or if you wish to remain anonymous you can send me a PM or email me at Bidding to help Lauren and I will be pleased to post the amount from an anonymous donor. This auction will close on Wednesday April 18th at noon. A cheque for the winning bid should be addressed to Lauren Gillie in trust and sent to Carra Outdoor Sports, 51 Adam St. Unit # 2, Belleville, ON K8N 5K3.

Thank you to all that are assisting and a special thank you to West Lake Willows Resort .

Kind regards,

Sam

At the age of 5 months my daughter was diagnosed with cancer. We spent the next ten years of our lives fighting this disease with the wonderful staff at Sick Kids. I understand what this family is going through, and wish to help out. I missed the original post, so could someone explain again how I go about donating funds to this family. Do I just send a cheque to the address quoted above?

At the age of 5 months my daughter was diagnosed with cancer. We spent the next ten years of our lives fighting this disease with the wonderful staff at Sick Kids. I understand what this family is going through, and wish to help out. I missed the original post, so could someone explain again how I go about donating funds to this family. Do I just send a cheque to the address quoted above?

Here's the original post....with where to send donations....

http://www.ofncommunity.com/forums/index.p...pic=5440&hl=

I'm sorry to hear about your little girl.

Cliff