the Light is not out yet

skinny

Well looks like I may be getting light at the end of the tunnel. As some of you know since April 2010 when I finished college I have been in and out of work. Some of the work I have done was really just to get cash it didn’t pay my bills (my fault for running up bills and still need to deal with it )

I have had a few jobs I thought were going to be good ones but for reasons beyond me they didn’t last.

Tomorrow I start a job in a company that has been around for years and doesn’t sound like they are going anyplace in the future. For the first time in ages when I sat in the interview I felt they had actually read my resume and absorbed the info. They also seemed to treat me as a human in the interview very on the level. It took 2 interviews and both seemed very calm and relaxed no tension in the room.

As I have found out the wages they are offering to start and the increase after probation seem to be ok for what is going on out there in the economic world (better than I have seen in last year)

The company stressed that they were looking for a long term employee and that they had survived from having long term dedicated people. It also sounded like the hours were pretty carved in stone it’s only day shift and they work 4 long days and Friday is short and not past noon .

The position I have taken is Maintenance Assistant . To start I’m to get the place sort of caught up on their PM system so basically machine oil changes and grease jobs. I’m hoping that most of my probation time is used up doing this as it should be fairly simple work.

I’m currently looking for a new mode of transportation will need to be able to tow the boat in spring my truck has seen better days and have some concerns with driving it the 40 min drive one way every day . I will need to try to but some money aside quickly so I can find another set of wheels.

I Also need to find a tool cabinet . I’m required to bring my own tools which for the most part I have but I do not have a cabinet to put them into . For the first part of my job I think I will be able to get away with a carry box (I have one) but future I will need larger.I informed the company of this and I got the reply of lets get you through the probation period and we will see what can be done.

Well People thanks for letting me talk about a feel good story

The good news is I it all works out I will have from Friday noon (by time I’m home) to Suday night to get out fishing

Thats awesome news. When my company gave me a maintenance postion,I started out just like that.12 years later,Im the head of maintenance at the second plant and programing welding robots and perjection welders. I started out as a nothing,and made something of myself.

Absorb everything you are taught,and dont be afraid to ask.There are no stupid questions, when it comes to this postion.

Yep just in time for christmas. :thumbsup_anim:

As for a tool cart,make sure it has large wheels. Pushing one around with those little casters is a pain.

Edited by Misfish