UFC going to the clowns

fliptheslop

It was only a matter of time.

It's all a money thing.

Besides lookit professional wrestling, if'n it were up to me, they'd all starve to death, but there must be an awfull lot of people that like that bull*** to make it as successfull as it is.

YOU TAKE THAT BACK RIGHT NOW JED CLAM PIT!!!...Wrasslin' is so REAL!!!

BTW... remind me to show you my Bulldog-Nelson sometime...

This is an exhibition boxing match that was supposedly a stipulation that Ortiz demanded in order to return to the UFC after his initial contract dispute and his time away from the UFC.

I wouldn't get too bent out of shape over this.

Charles

Exactly what charlsen said. Tito was the one who wanted a boxing match added between himself and White, which was actually done back in December.

Close your eyes if you don't want this spoiled. Tito didn't show up for the weigh-in the day before, nor did he show up for a fight.

This show tomorrow night is just the weeks before the fight was supposed to happen of camera crews following the 2 around.

This was not a gimmick by the UFC, but a cranky whine by Tito, who didn't even follow through with it.

cd.

I'm not sure where your getting that its a joke, it is a real exhibition boxing match, sactioned and everything. They are going to let people watch it only on the internet at ufc.com, if it happens! Dana is a big talker, and Tito is a big mouth and good fighter, I can't wait to see it!

Thats why we Fight the Fights!

Dana White, what hes a contender, if its not an advertising ploy than if the earlier post about Tito not showing up is not true and why would white fight unless to draw a crowd, but im sure no way would anyone ever think that such an event would ever be all about ratings.Cant wait for Hulk Hogan to come save the day, or better yet Mini me vs Joe rogan

It's a tv show, of course it's all about ratings. What show isn't?

I too heard Tito didn't show up because of the risk factor (he could conceivably get hurt or injured) and it being an exhibition he was getting paid enough to fade the risk.

But it wasn't a "fixed" outcome similar to WWE. Dana White was an amateur boxer and based on Ortiz's stand up skills (or lack thereof) it could have potentially been very embarassing for Tito and that might also be part of why he bailed.

Charles

Like was previously mentioned. Tito asked for this to be in his contract or he wouldn't re-sign with the ufc. And yes tito did pull the shute and not show up, for fear of injury or losing. Dana whites boxing record is 19-3 or pretty close to that. Basically tito was afraid to look like a chump cause his stand up isn't all that great. There was also rumour that tito thought he was getting paid and the event was supposed to be for charity so he didn't show. This i can believe tito wouldn't do anything without getting paid.