fishing trip to Merland Park. bay of Quinte.

walleyedreamer

yes ,it was a tough wk of washing every lure in the box.We trolled everywhere from picton bay ,up long reach and to the bat cave ,and all we caught was two eyes and a sheepie !(walleyedreamer has the pics )Water temps were way to warm..other side of ferry was 52 ,and by cement plant and long reach area low49.At least as usual the boys had a great wk of male bonding !lol

I have heard the fishing has been tough so far on the bay. I am heading to Merland for Dec1 to 4th, hope the fishing changes by then. Last year we had to fight the 30 to 40 km winds and it took us two days to get our first fish. There was 6 of us and everyone caught fish, just not the numbers from the previous years there. I caught only one fish in 4 days but it was the biggest of our group at 12.4 lbs which was released unharmed.

Four yrs ago my buddy and I landed 24 fish in 4 days with the smallest being 10.4 and the largest weighing in at 13.3lbs. I am pumped and ready to go I just got a order of new baits in last week. A half dozen new tail dancers and about 25 new reefrunners. For me the tail dancers have put the largest fish in the boat for the last 4 years in a row.