Simcoe/ Kempenfelt bay anglers

kickingfrog

"For the safety of the divers, Barrie police ask boaters to remain a minimum of 200 metres away from any police boats they observe in the area."

http://www.thebarrieexaminer.com/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=3344619

Police searching bay for Flanagan clues

Divers in the water near Johnson's Beach

By STAFF

Posted 4:00PM

Police are searching Kempenfelt Bay this afternoon for possible clues in the Alexandra Flanagan murder investigation.

Barrie police and the Ontario Provincial Police underwater search and recovery unit are looking for evidence in Kempenfelt Bay, in the area of Kempenfelt Drive and Nelson Square in the city's east end.

For the safety of the divers, Barrie police ask boaters to remain a minimum of 200 metres away from any police boats they observe in the area.

The area being searched today is not far from the walking trail at Johnson's Beach where some of the Barrie woman's remains were discovered in February 2008.

Flanagan. 33, was last seen in July 2007 near Sunnidale Park. Some of her remains were found in a south-end park the following October. More remains were discovered last week near Highway 400 and Bayfield Street.

Andrew Keene, 29, of Innisfil, has been charged with first-degree murder and performing an indignity to a human body.

Thanks for the heads up.

I herd they made an arrest in the case, but I don't know for sure.

For the family sake, I hope the find what they're looking for.

A bit of a slap in the face to the cops. They found body part in the bush across the road from the station..