Tournament circuits in NY state?

finfan

Any OFNers know of good tournament circuits run in southeastern NY State? I've been wanting to do some buddy tournaments with my cousin from Connecticutt who is a hardcore bass fisherman! This area is a good half way point for the both of us and a real great opportunity to spend a lot more time together doing what we both love. I've fished Champlain a fair bit with him but want to fish other waters such as Oneida Lake and the Hudson River near Catskills. Has anyone fished these waters? Hows the fishing? Any general information that could be used to start would be greatly appreciated. e.g. water color, angling methods used, baits/color and possibly areas to look at?

Never got that far into New York to fish, Findley Lake and Chautaqua are good lakes in western New York for bass. Our Club and some others had small tournaments on Findley( a small lake ). Just my understanding that Chautaqua has a lot of them and some are bigger( a bigger lake ). Seen and caught some nice fish out of both. New York has some nice lakes!

Edited by OhioFisherman

New York indeed has some very nice lakes from what I have heard and saw in my travels through the State. Hopefully I can get out there and do some exploring this year. If all goes well? Thanks again for all your help Bud!