indy race in vegas

esoxansteel

I sorry to report that Dan Wheldon past away from his injuries, in a 15 car pileup on the last race of 2011. The race was cancelled, a 5 lap coast around the track was carried out to honour Dan by the remaining 19 cars, he leaves behind a wife and 2 young boys, thoughts and prayers to Dans family, and to all race fans.

I sorry to report that Dan Wheldon past away from his injuries, in a 15 car pileup on the last race of 2011. The race was cancelled, a 5 lap coast around the track was carried out to honour Dan by the remaining 19 cars, he leaves behind a wife and 2 young boys, thoughts and prayers to Dans family, and to all race fans.

God Speed Danny, you are a true champion for your sport!!

My heart breaks for his wife and two kids, she was most likely was trackside watching it all. The organizers are going to be facing a full on assualt over this....too many cars, track too fast and some racers who probably didn't belong on the oval not to mention the $5 000 000 pot. This was as bad a pileup as I've seen and can't recall the last time I saw as may cars launching and hitting the wall.

I never felt really comfortable watching open wheels on speed ovals unlike Nascar cars which are veritable tanks by comparison.